General Information

Full Name of University:

Missouri University of Science and Technology (S&T)

Number of Utrecht Network semesters you can accept during 2017/18 (not students):

8 Semesters

General University Website:

International Office/Website for Incoming Students:

Contact person for incoming and outgoing students:

Mrs. Robin Ziegler

Study Abroad Coordinator

Office of International and Cultural Affairs

104 Norwood Hall, 320 W. 12th St.

Rolla, Mo 65409

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Application website. If paper only, please write “paper only.”

After student has been nominated at Missouri S&T, the student will be sent instructions for completing an on-line application. A transcript in English, copy of passport, financial support documentation, and field of study must also be provided. Student must provide financial support documentation for a minimum of $7000 for one semester or $14000 for two semesters.

How does the application and admissions process differ for undergraduate versus graduates?

Graduate student application must be provided to the Graduate Studies office who will review applications for admission.

Other important notes


Last updated


  • Academics

    Areas of study open to undergraduate exchange students

    Science & Computing: Applied Mathematics, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Sciences, Geology & Geophysics, Information Science & Technology, Physics

    Business & Social Sciences: Business & management Systems, Economics, Psychology

    Arts & Humanities: English, History, Philosophy, Teacher Certifications, Technical Communication, Multidisciplinary Studies

    Engineering: Aerospace, Architectural, Ceramic, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Engineering Management, Environmental, Geological, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Mining, Nuclear, Petroleum, Sciences & Computing:  Mathematics, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology & Geophysics, Information Science & Technology, Physics

    For more information about our degree programs, please visit our Degree Programs webpage.

    Are graduate areas open for exchange?

    Yes, but requests to take graduate classes will be reviewed and decided on a case by case basis. Student must be able to show sufficient knowledge of field of study and meet any prerequisite requirements. Students interested in graduate level classes should submit a request and provide a transcript for evaluation. These will be forwarded to the department of study for review.

    Areas of study open to graduate exchange students (list explicitly)

    A complete list of undergraduate degree programs is available online at:

    Applied Mathematics, Applied & Environmental Bilogy, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology & Geophysics, Information Science & Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Business Administration, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Technical Communications. Engineering fields include: aerospace, ceramic, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, environmental, geological, mechanical, metallurgical, mining, nuclear, petroleum, systems and engineering management.

    Can advanced undergraduate students take graduate level courses?

    Yes, however prior approval would be required.

    Can graduate student take undergraduate level courses?


    Areas of study restricted to prior bilateral agreements between exchange departments or faculties


    Areas of study not available to exchange students


    Websites for course offerings

    Required minimum and maximum number of credits available through the exchange

    For both undergraduate & graduate

    A minimum of 12 for undergraduate students and 9 for graduate students. A maximum of 15 for undergraduate students.

    Are summer courses available as exchange (non fee-paying)?

    If so, please provide summer school website.

    Yes.  Available courses can be found through the Office of the Registrar's Webpage for Class Offerings.

    Do students register for classes in advance or upon arrival?

    In advance, or upon arrival.  This is worked individually with each department.

    Language Requirements

    Exchange and study abroad students attending Missouri S&T must have sufficient English skills to participate actively in class work, study, and take exams. Because many of our classes are technical, the student must be able to read, understand, and speak English sufficiently to keep up with the rest of the class. To help us understand your English skills, we require some type of indication of your English abilities whether that is a TOEFL score or another type of exam, description of English studies, or explanation of student’s abilities from the home university coordinator. A general guideline is that students should have English skills equal to a 79 on the TOEFL exam. Please send us your documents to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

    Language test certificate required?

    If so, which and when: before admission or upon arrival?

    TOEFL/IELTS is waived for exchange students; however, a TOEFL score of at least 79 or IELTS score of at least 6.0 is recommended.

    Preparatory language course for incoming students?

    Indicate dates and costs

    Please, visit website at Students will need to pay for any preparatory language courses.

    Are there any special advising or registrations concerns that students should be aware of? Are services available to assist in registration or course selection?

    Some courses that students may want to take might not be available if classes are full. Some courses may have a prerequisite.

    Academic advisor will work with students for course selection.

    Additional Notes


    Last updated


  • Dates

    Application deadline for each term

    Fall Semester: April 15
    Spring Semester: October 15

    Academic Calendar

    Please list exact dates

    Examination period(s)

    If there is a break between the academic course calendar and exams, can arrangements be made so the student may take exams early?

    (i.e. semester ends in December and exams are late January).


    Orientation session(s) for incoming students

    Is it mandatory, indicate dates and costs

    International Student Orientation for Fall 2017 is Tuesday, August 8th. 

    Course registration deadline

    The final day to register for classes for the Fall 2017 semester is Sunday, August 20, 2017.

    Last updated


  • Costs

    Total cost estimates per month in US Dollars

    (broken down below)


    $2700--$4480  per semester, depending on the housing option picked and allotted. Please visit the Residential Hall's Rate page for more information.


    $1800-$3600 per semester, depending on the selection or requirement. Please visit the Residential Life Meal Plan page for more information.



    Local Transportation


    Health Insurance



    (please indicate and specify any mandatory additional fees)

    Tuberculosis test $50 one-time fee. International Student fee per semester is $80. 

    Is comparable health insurance coverage from abroad allowed/not allowed?

    If not, please include fees in “other” field above.


    Additional Notes


    Last Updated


  • Housing and Student Life

    Is housing assistance available? How do students apply, and is it guaranteed?

    Yes, Students apply directly to Residential Life.  Instructions can be found on our Incoming Study Abroad Student's webpage.

    Housing options

    A variety of on-campus housing options are available at Missouri S&T. Exchange students are encouraged to live on campus.

    A list and information about the living areas is available online at

    Housing Website and Contact Person(s) If student has a question, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

    Do students apply for housing with their regular application or is it separate?

    Please list housing application deadline.

    It is separate, but housing interest forms should be submitted as soon as possible. A deposit of $200 must be submitted with housing forms. 

    What kinds of health facilities are available at the university?

    For more information, please visit student Health Services at

    Are internships available?


    Are student jobs available/allowed?


    Additional Notes


    Last Updated